Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Spiritual Partnership (1) - The Difficult Question




The need and interest of soul consciousness is not 'how' to
draw things to itself from the environment but how to draw out from itself the qualities and energies from which a greater environment can emerge.
- David Spangler



One of the questions that has arisen from being at Earthsong Camp 2009 is the question that I would call "spiritual partnership." One of the key aspects that I love about attending this festival in the heart of the Irish countryside are the individual moments shared around the campfire.
Many people are hungry and want to draw to them a relationship that is inspired and inspires them. They have a longing to love and be loved. They ask the question of Bee's and my relationship, "How do you stay together for so many years and still keep the flame of love tended so that it remains aflame and not just a spark or becomes an ember or an embarrassment of what is termed love?"



I will answer this question from my personal point of view and from the way in which I conduct my relationship with Bee. Let me say at the very outset that Barbara (Bee) is not my first love. My first love is my relationship with Self. Note here that I use the world Self with a capital S and not the word myself. This first love is no secret between us.


This love affair I have with the Self, the Beloved , is primary and out of that I am graced to love the blessing in form called Barbara Smith. Some people will find it difficult to imagine that one's partner takes second place but if you really want a spiritual partnership to evolve then, in my experience, you will have to learn to stand in Love with who you are and always are.




Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

akuajan@btinternet.com